- This event has passed.
Whispers of the Long Departed
August 12, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Untold History of
Southern Craven County
Award-winning journalist, author, and historical sleuth Eddie Ellis will both entertain and educate us with the previously undisclosed story of southern Craven County dating from before the 1710 founding of New Bern. The gifted storyteller, author of New Bern History 101, will share the highlights of his new book Whispers of the Long Departed. In his new book, he shines a light upon the south shore of the Neuse River, the previously unreported tale of the land and people from the Trent River to Adams Creek, from the earliest days of settlement to the end of the Great Depression. With his unique conversational style, Ellis will share stories of Craven County’s residents, both black and white, who struggled and triumphed there from the earliest days of America.
New Bern History 101 and Whispers of the Long Departed books will be available for purchase and signing.
Cost is $10 for Historical Society members; $15 for non-members. Prepaid reservations strongly recommended as we expect a full house. Doors open at 6 pm. No meal is provided with this program.
- August 12, 2021
- 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Downtown, Entertainment, General Events, History
- Event Tags:
- books about New Bern, Downtown, Eddie Ellis, Entertainment, historicalfacts, historyofnewbern, New Bern Author, New Bern Historical Society, newbernatnight, thingstodoinnewbern, Tryon Palace, visitnewbern, Whispers of the Long Departed
- New Bern Historical Society
- December 8 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on February 3, 2022 at 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until December 29, 2022
One event on February 17, 2022 at 3:30 pm
One event on December 8, 2022 at 3:30 pm
- December 8 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm