Map & Parking Information
Subscribe to our eNewsletter
Whether you’re planning your first trip to New Bern or looking to return, we look forward to welcoming you. Until then, let us showcase our southern hospitality and clue you in on all things New Bern.
Most of downtown’s on-street parking is 2-hours and FREE!
2-hour parking is Monday through Friday 8 am – 4 pm. If you want to spend all day in our lovely downtown park in one of our FREE ALL-DAY parking lots conveniently located within 1-2 blocks of our shopping and dining. Look for signs to take you to the Red Bear, Gold Bear or Black Bear lots. 2-hour on-street parking is enforced Monday through Friday, but you can park either on our downtown streets or our conveniently located lots ALL DAY on Saturday and Sunday.
- Red Bear Parking Lot – at the South end of Craven Street near South Front Street
- Gold Bear Parking Lot – at the Farmer’s Market near South Front and Hancock Streets (limited hours on Saturdays)
- Black Bear Parking Lot – at the corner of New and Hancock Street
With so much to see and do in New Bern you’ll definitely want get out, look around, visit our museums, do some shopping, and enjoy our restaurants.
Planning to stay a while? The City also offers leased parking. Contact the City of New Bern Business Office at (252) 639-2750 to apply.
EV Charging Stations Available
- DC Fast Charging available
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Accepts all car manufacturers
- Tesla drivers need to provide an adapter