2023 North Carolina Year of the Trail
NC Year of the Trail is the largest statewide celebration of trails and outdoor recreation in North Carolina history. Craven County believes that visitors and residents alike should be able to enjoy the proven benefits of trails, including health, safety, economic development, tourism, transportation, and the environment.
In line with the Great Trails State Coalition, our goals for North Carolina Year of the Trail are:
- Inspire people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds to try trails
- Demonstrate the importance of trails to our elected officials
- Boost outdoor recreation tourism across Craven County
- Promote safe and responsible use of trails, with the Outdoor NC Principles
- Advance diversity and inclusion on trails
What are you waiting for? Here are some of our favorite activities.